Funding Sources / Contractual Partners
- The Guadalupe and Lilia Martinez Foundation
- United States Federal Probation
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration
- University of Texas Health Science Center of San Antonio
- Methodist Healthcare Ministries of South Texas
- Laredo Independent School District
- Webb County 406th Drug Court Program
- Webb County Migrant Head Start Program
- Webb County Sheriff Department
- Health Services of Laredo
- University of Texas Health San Antonio (UTHSA)
- United Independent School District
- Texas Department of State Health Services
- BlueCross Blue Shield of Texas
- Communities in Schools
PILLAR and the University of Texas Health San Antonio (UTHSA) have joined forces to provide and link patients to care and treatment for HIV/HCV, substance use disorder (SUD) and mental health issues as part of the Targeted Access to Community Knowledge, Linkage to treatment and Education for HIV/HCV in people of color (TACKLE HIV/HCV in people of color) project. Additionally, we are working to prevent overdose and re-infection due to SUD by working collaboratively to increase capacity in the following areas:
1. Provide substance use screening and treatment.
2. Link people living with HIV and HCV to medical care.
3. Provide hands-on training to treat and prevent opioid overdose.
4. Provide opioid overdose reversal kits.
5. Provide referrals to community resources and programs including medication-assisted treatment (MAT) for SUD.