Funding Sources / Contractual Partners
- The Guadalupe and Lilia Martinez Foundation
- United States Federal Probation
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration
- University of Texas Health Science Center of San Antonio
- Methodist Healthcare Ministries of South Texas
- Laredo Independent School District
- Webb County 406th Drug Court Program
- Webb County Migrant Head Start Program
- Webb County Sheriff Department
- Health Services of Laredo
- University of Texas Health San Antonio (UTHSA)
PILLAR and the University of Texas Health San Antonio (UTHSA) have joined forces to provide and link patients to care and treatment for HIV/HCV, substance use disorder (SUD) and mental health issues as part of the Targeted Access to Community Knowledge, Linkage to treatment and Education for HIV/HCV in people of color (TACKLE HIV/HCV in people of color) project. Additionally, we are working to prevent overdose and re-infection due to SUD by working collaboratively to increase capacity in the following areas:
1. Provide substance use screening and treatment.
2. Link people living with HIV and HCV to medical care.
3. Provide hands-on training to treat and prevent opioid overdose.
4. Provide opioid overdose reversal kits.
5. Provide referrals to community resources and programs including medication-assisted treatment (MAT) for SUD.