YOU DO NOT HAVE TO HAVE A DIAGNOSABLE CONDITION TO BENEFIT FROM COUNSELING
PILLAR provides comprehensive behavioral health services including assessment, diagnoses, and treatment for people with behavioral health concerns, adjustment issues, substance use disorders and those struggling with co-occurring mental illness and chemical dependency conditions. We also provide counseling for families in need of comprehensive care or support for a loved one’s mental illness. We aim to provide the highest-quality care based on best practices and work collaboratively with each person or family to address mental health issues, optimize health and wellness, and develop strategies to reduce or eliminate obstacles to help you get your life back on track.
Our counseling services are short term and consist of 7 sessions that include an initial assessment. The number of sessions may be extended based on the attending professional’s recommendations.
Our clinical staff has experience in helping our consumers overcome issues with Depression and other Mood Disorders, Relationship Conflict, Self-esteem, Gender Identity Dysphoria, Anger Management, Anxiety, Suicidal Ideation, Self-Harming Behaviors, and Substance Use Disorders among many other behavioral health concerns.
- Assessments– We conduct initial assessments and follow-up evaluations as needed, including diagnostic, functional, chemical use, and psychiatric assessments. Findings assist in determining the course of treatment and treatment planning. Behavioral and Substance Use evaluations may be conducted for vocational purposes as well.
- Individual Psychotherapy– We offer psychotherapy for adults and children to treat mental, emotional, or behavioral problems. We also work collaboratively with parents to improve the quality of life for their children at home, in school, and in the community.
- Group Therapy– We offer a variety of group therapies including topical, process, and treatment groups; psycho-education about mental illness and resources for emotional support; curriculum-based teaching and practice for coping with and managing distressing symptoms; and assistance to individuals and families moving through changes in their lives.
- Family Therapy– We provide family therapy to help family members improve communication, solve family problems, understand and handle special family situations (such as death, serious physical or mental illness, or child and adolescent issues), and create a better functioning home environment. For families with a member who has a serious physical or mental illness, therapy can educate family members about the illness and work out problems associated with caregiving.
- Couples Counseling– We provide couples counseling to restore a better level of functioning for couples who experience relationship distress and where a relationship problem may interfere with mental health treatment or independence such as Marital Counseling.
Who We Serve
We provide our wide array of individual and group therapeutic services as well as screening and diagnostic activities to persons 5 years of age and older.
You do not need a referral as we accept self-referrals along with referrals from local physicians, social workers, and family members as well as those generated from our partnering entities i.e. local and area schools, social service agencies, law enforcement institutions, and other community programs.
Counseling services are rendered via the following available service packages:
- $35 for 7 sessions including an initial assessment consultation that makes up the 1st session—— these sessions are generally rendered by a Master’s level counseling intern under the supervision of a clinical supervisor. The average wait time to be seen under this package varies, but is typically 2 to 4 weeks.
- $35 per session for unlimited sessions as indicated in each individual’s treatment plan as long as therapist and client are in agreement—– these sessions are rendered by a fully licensed professional counselor in the State of Texas and the average wait time to be seen under this package is 1 to 2 days.
- Private insurance is accepted and the cost of co-pay will vary based on insurance policy. These services will be rendered by a fully licensed professional counselor in the State of Texas and the average wait time to be seen under this package is 1 to 2 days.
- All psychiatric consultations will be billed to a client’s private insurance (co-pay will vary based on policy) or paid in cash at an average cost of $200 to $400 per session.